Friday, July 17, 2009

Someone Who'll Never Stand You Up

I've just been thinking, and it sucks when a good friend of yours stands you up. Especially when it's not just one time, but it's so often that you've just stopped trusting your friend. You begin to stop putting your trust in them and eventually get tired of waiting around for someone who'll never show up. This has happened to me too many times where someone has said they would come in ten minutes, so I'd rush to get ready and wait by the door for hours, but they wouldn't come. What sucks the most is not even getting a phone call to say they can't make it. I've gone certain days without doing homework because I would spend the whole day waiting for a friend to pick me up. Although this can really hurt, the cool thing is, there is a God who keeps His promises all the time. He doesn't just say something, and that word means nothing, but His word is always 100% genuine and true. He promises to come back again, and He intends to keep His promise. He's not like that friend that never shows up. When you call, He's there right away. You don't have to wait hours to talk to Him or make an appointment just to hang out with Him. I think it's real cool knowing Someone who's completely trustworthy and will never let you down.

2 comments:

  1. I am just seeing this part of your blog now. Oh boy. True words. Well you WILL be seeing me tonight:) Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love this. i almost feel like we're partners in crime. (if you know what i mean?)

    ReplyDelete